Dr. Baniya has been providing mountain medicine trainings to medical doctors, paramedics, trekking guides and mountain guides and first aid training with basic life support to mountain guides, trek leaders, teachers and staffs of various organizations since 2016.
Highlights of trainings conducted:
- Training (Training of Trainers/ToT) of young medical doctors and paramedics from 15 mountainous districts of Nepal on behalf of Nepal Health Training Center (NHTC), Nepal on 26-27 December, 2016.
- Training of Nepal Army Medical Team (Doctors and paramedics) marching to 6 mountains for “Mountain Cleaning Campaign” March 2021 and March 2022.
- Training of mountain guides and trekking guides of various institutions and companies like Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN), Jagged Globe, Intrepid, The Summit Trekking, Himalayan Encounters, etc since 2016.
- Training of Hotel owners from Manang (3,500 meters) about “Orientation to altitude illness” with objective of educating local hotel owners to identify altitude illnesses and educate travelers to avoid rapid ascent following road construction in the region, 2017.
- First aid training to the school teachers of The British School, staffs of British Council, Trekking and Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN) since 2017.
Please feel free to contact us for
- Mountain Medicine training
- First aid with basic life support (BLS) training